Tesla update will allow cars to respond to traffic lights and stop signs coming this year
Along with the other updates made by Tesla today the company announced they are working on a new Autopilot update which will allow the vehicles to see stop signs and traffic lights and react to them accordingly.
Full Self-Driving Capability
- Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
- Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
- Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.
Coming later this year:
- Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
- Automatic driving on city streets.
This is the first time Tesla has talked about using Autopilot on city streets. In the past, the company stated Autopilot was only for use on highways and not for inner-city transportation.
This update follows Tesla continued efforts to bring full self-driving capabilities to their cars.